Join the Lawyer Referral Service
Does your law firm receive calls that are out of your practice area? Do your employees come to you with legal problems? The San Gabriel Lawyer Referral Service (SGVLRS) is a non-profit community service project of the legal profession and we’re here to help! Below are the many reasons why SGV LRS is the best resource in assisting individuals with their legal needs.
- Established in 1967 to assist individuals in locating competent legal representation;
- Sponsored by the Eastern Bar Association, Pasadena Bar Association, and San Gabriel Valley Bar Association;
- Certified by the State Bar of California and meets the standards of the American Bar Association;
- Trained staff to screen call and determine the legal problem and preference for an attorney in a specific geographic location;
- 100 attorneys that are screened and qualified by meeting specific experience requirements;
- Attorneys accept cases from 15 different legal categories encompassing all areas of the law;
- Initial 30-minute office consultation with attorney at a reduced fee of $40;
- Reduced-fee attorneys for income-eligible individuals in certain civil matters;
- Referrals to area social service agencies where appropriate; and Spanish-speaking staff and attorneys, as well as attorneys who speak dialects of the Chinese & Vietnamese languages.
The SGVLRS provides information to over 10,000 people each year in San Gabriel Valley.
Rules & Regulations
To download these files to your computer right click on each button and click "save target as".
If you are interested in joining the San Gabriel Valley Lawyer Referral Service, give us a call and or download our Rules & Regulations Document along with our Membership Application.
Mail completed applications to our mailing address below.
Adobe Reader or other PDF reader is required to open & view these files.